Thursday, December 8, 2011

Turkeys

It has been way to long since I lasted posted and really need to catch up. Here are their pictures of the turkeys they made for their observational writing.

We use Write from the Beginning in my district and we are working on observational writing. On Monday the children make their object and Tuesday we make a tree map for it then on Wednesday we make three sentences from the tree map and edit. Thursday we put it all together and publish our piece. I have a bulletin board outside the classroom where I staple their work on top of the week before, it is really neat to flip through their work to see how it has improved.





2 comments:

Delighted said...

Cute Turkeys (and kiddos!) :-)

First Grade Delight
imgoingfirst@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Those are so cute! I love the one with big eyes!!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...