Sunday, March 27, 2011

Texas

The kids had a great week learning about Texas.
Here are a few things we did...

1. I Read "The Legend of the Bluebonnet" and they labeled the parts of a bluebonnet.
2. I Read 'Tattletale Armadillo" and themade armadillos.
3. Read "The Monarch Butterfly" and wrote a fact that we learned then drew a picture.
4. I read "Armadilly Chili" and "The Little Red Hen" and they compared and contrasted the two stories using a double bubble map.
5. Read "Jalapeno Man" and "Gingerbread Cowboy" and they made a double bubble map.
6. They did addition and subtraction using horses.
7. We ate chili and cornbread and graphed weather we liked them or not.
8. I also sent home a wanted poster and the parents filled it out on what the children could be wanted for and I took their picture to add to the poster.
9. On Friday we dressed up like cowboys and cowgirls.
10. I read many other books on Texas and the children wrote about facts and made a Texas Flag.









For the wanted poster I had them make a mean face, they were so silly but a few were able to makea serious face.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...